Full field battery test platform One-stop testing and certification service
Can the battery be CE certified?
- The battery can do CE-EMC, CE-RoHS, battery directive, etc.
Can the battery be CE-LVD certified?
- Battery standards (including safety regulations and performance) must be within the scope of the CE-LVD directive. Common IEC62133, IEC62619, etc. are not included in the CE-LVD directive, so the battery standard cannot be CE-LVD certified.
Is there no standard for CE-LVD certification?
- Yes. CE-LVD certificates can be issued for safety standards (non-battery-specific standards) within the scope of the CE-LVD directive, such as IEC62368-1, IEC60950-1, IEC61010-1, etc., in accordance with the standards for specific uses. For example, the power bank certified in accordance with the IEC62368-1 standard.
The battery products that meet these standards must be issued CE-LVD certificates?
- Not necessarily. The prerequisite product voltage must be within the range of 50Vac~1000Vac or 75VDC~1500VDC.
What is CB certification?
- The IECEE CB system is the first truly international system for mutual recognition of electrical product safety test reports. The national certification bodies (NCB) of various countries have formed a multilateral agreement, and manufacturers can obtain the national certification of other member states of the CB system by virtue of a CB test certificate issued by the NCB.
Is there a certification mark for CB certification?
- CB certification is a certification program of the IEC International Electrotechnical Commission, and there is no special certification mark. After the certification is passed, a CB certification certificate that can be queried on the IEC official website will be issued.
Which certification bodies can do CB certification for batteries?
- It depends on whether NCB has relevant qualifications, and NCB's testing laboratory (CBTL) has applied to expand the testing capabilities of this standard.
How do customers determine whether the laboratory can do CB certification?
- You can find the corresponding standard directly on the IEC official website and click on it to find all the corresponding CBTL laboratories. You can also find the corresponding NCB in the IEC official website path below. After clicking on it, you can see all the CBTLs, and then click the corresponding CBTL to check whether the relevant standards have CB detection capabilities. Intertek Shanghai is a CBTL under the Swedish SEMKO.
Can all battery standards be CB certified?
- Only battery standards that are included in the IEC CB certification system can be CB certified
What are the current battery standard CBTL qualifications?
- Alkaline battery or metal lithium battery (non-rechargeable dry battery): IEC60086-1/-2/-3/-4/-5
- Lead-acid battery: IEC60896-21/-22
- Performance of nickel series rechargeable batteries: IEC61951-1/-2
- Performance of portable lithium ion batteries: IEC61960, IEC61960-3
- Safety of nickel series rechargeable batteries: IEC62133, IEC62133-1
- Safety of portable lithium ion batteries: IEC62133, IEC62133-2, IEC62281
- Safety of energy storage lithium batteries: IEC62619, IEC63056
- Performance of energy storage battery: IEC62620
- Safety of power battery: IEC62660-2, IEC62660-3
- The performance of the power battery: IEC62660-1
What is ETL certification?
- The predecessor of the ETL laboratory was the Edison Laboratory of the United States. After being merged into the Intertek Group, it became a subsidiary of Intertek. The ETL logo has also become a private logo of Intertek's North American certified brand.
Can I also sell the battery to the United States if I choose the American standard certification of a small laboratory?
- Only those who have the NRTL laboratory qualification accredited by the OSHA (U.S. Occupational Safety and Health Administration) or the ANSI/ANAB laboratory accredited by the American ANSI (American National Standards Institute). Intertek North America has both qualifications. Intertek Shanghai, as a laboratory under Intertek North America, can issue test reports and apply for ETL certification in compliance with the US access permit
What battery standard ETL certification can Intertek do?
- UL1642, UL2054, UL/CSA 62133, UL1989, UL2595, UL1973, UL9540, UL2580, UL2271, UL2272, UL2056, UL2743, etc.